Isaiah 58:6-7. “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?”
Just These Lines to say…
I am deeply thankful to co-pastor and co-partner with a leader of great spiritual depth, Ramsey’s own Rev. Norma Aguilar. Pastora Norma has shared the following Call to a Lenten Faith for our Hispanic ministry. She has graciously allowed me the privilege of sharing some of her thoughts and also the thoughts of The Rev. Emilio Müller for this month’s newsletter. Praying and trusting for a great Lenten blessing for the entire Ramsey church family. The beginning of Lent is Ash Wednesday with a special service on March 1st at 7PM in the sanctuary led by our youth.
A Lenten Challenge-
- Do the One important thing among many things. Matthew 25:23, 29; Mateo 25:23,29.
- Let go of something that steals your time or that God dislikes, such as judging others. John 8:11; Juan 8:11.
- Pray every day for yourself, and for others, especially those whom you find hard to love. Matthew 7:7; Mateo 7.7.
- Participate in the special activities of Lent: Lenten studies, special worship services; make it a priority to come to worship each Sunday of Lent, overcoming the temptation of staying at home. Matthew 18:20; Mateo 18:20
- Bring someone to church with you. Many people will appreciate being invited. Mark 1:17; Marcos 1:17.
- Abstain from watching television or using social media at least one day every week during Lent, and use those hours to enjoy actual face to face time with friends, family, or reading something that grows your spiritual life. Mark 13:32-33; Marcos 13:32-33.
- Reconcile with someone- you know who… John 15:14, 17; Juan 15:14, 17.
- Read a chapter from one of the Gospels each day. Luke 9:18-20; Lucas 9:18:20.
- Stop buying something you want but don’t need, and donate the money instead to an organization, such as Shalom Farms, which helps low-income families with fresh fruit and vegetables. Matthew 24; Mateo 24.
- The Hispanic Ministry invites you to connect in their Conference Prayer call any morning, Monday to Friday at 6:30 am or in the evening at 9:00 pm, during the season of Lent. Phone # to call is 1-857-232-0158, code 649889.
- And last but not least, share with others the blessing found in Numbers 6:24-26, “The LORD bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”
Grace and Peace in the Lord of Life, Pastora Norma and Pastor Deb